Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Tomorrow Night's Dinner

Okay, so I don't remember what I said I'd make for dinner on Wednesday, but I've decided to make Beef Stew. I know this was on my list for the week, so I'm okay with supplies. This is a recipe from the September 2008 issue of Family Circle.

Beef Stew

1 large onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
1lb boneless beef cubes
1Tbsp ground ginger
1/4tsp salt
3 medium carrots, cut into 1-inch slices
2 large celery stalks, cut into 1-inch slices
1 large beef bouillon cube
2 cups water
2Tbsp red wine vinegar
1/4Cup raisins
1/4tsp black pepper
2Tbsp cornstarch
Cooked egg noodles (optional)

Step 1:
layer onions, beef, ginger, salt, carrots and celery in slow cooker bowl. Add bouillon cube, water, vinegar and raisins. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6 hours or until beef is very tender.

Step 2:
Remove cover and stir in black pepper. Using a ladle, remove 3 Tbsp liquid from slow cooker and place in a small bowl. Whisk in cornstarch. Pour cornstart mixture into slow cooker; whisk to combine. Stir until liquid has thickened. Serve with noodles, if desired.

I omit the raisins, since I'm not crazy about them. I also add peas and potatoes and tomorrow I might add corn. With so many veggies, it's like a beef vegetable stew. It's a really healthy, easy meal to put together. Serve it with some brown and serve rolls, or the Pillsbury Crusty French dinner rolls that I got for $1.99 with my $1 coupon this week and it's a great, filling meal. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I think beef stew with raisins sounds really gross. Let us know how it turns out.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. Why don't you leave me a message?