Monday, February 9, 2009

No Week of No Spending for Me

Alright, so if you've been following me as I journey through COUPONLAND and BARGAIN-SHOPPINGVILLE, then you know how much I like to spend money....not something I'm proud of. To read my confession, click here. So, I thought that I'd really like to try Mindi's (over at Moms Need to Know) plan for The Month of No Spending. I was really challenged and intruiged by this idea, so I decided to try it for myself. Except....I don't have quite the stockpile of food and necessities needed, since I'm relatively new to all of this. I thought I'd try for one week, instead. Then I got my weekly Weis Markets and Giant Foods flyers. There goes that idea. But really, Weis is having their 10/$10 sale and Giant's got some really good buys too.

With that in mind, I've altered my plan. Here goes: I'm going to spend money this week.

In all fairness, very little of what I purchased in needed for my meal plan this week. The hoarder in me comes out when I can get meals for my kids for $1 each, and apple juice and eggs and butter for $1 each. I NEED TO STOCK UP. But seriously, I didn't do that bad. I took cash with me so remind me to stick to my budger. And I did. My total at Weis Markets was $69.16, with a savings of /$31.90 (31%). I used a Huggies coupon about the expire and got a jumbo pack of diapers for $8.49. I also got one Sargento's Salad Finisher free (with the purchase of 2 bags of salad mix which I will take with me to NY this weekend) and another Salad Finisher for $1.79 since I had a coupon for $1.50 off 2. 23 of my items were only $1 each with the 10/$10 sale. Plus I had $9.50 in coupons and didn't pay full price for anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Why don't you leave me a message?