Monday, February 9, 2009

My Menu Plan 2/9 - 2/15

Menu planning is making a big difference in my spending. When I plan my meals, I can (and do) make a list of every ingredient needed for each meal, then check off the ones I don't have to buy. This saves me time and gas, because I don't forget items. It saves me energy since I don't have to lug the kids around with me, getting them in and out of their carseats. It also saves me money because I am incapable of just going into the store for one item.

Monday -- Bi Bim Bop (Korean mixed veggies and rice)
This is an excellent meal for us. I had all the ingredients, except for leaf lettuce. It's really easy to make and tastes excellent. We make is by frying some bulgogi (korean bbq beef) and cutting it into small pieces. Then we mix it into korean rice, along with some chopped leaf lettuce and put a fried egg on top. You can add other veggies, but this is our simple version. YUMMY!

Tuesday -- Italian Chicken
I have all the ingredient for this meal. It was on my menu for last week, but we had an abundance of leftovers (an amazing beef stew that made 2 meals), so it got pushed back to this week.

Wednesday -- London Broil with Korean Rice
Wednesday's have to been meals that I can put in the crockpot or that can be easily reheated since my son has AWANA at 6:30 and my husband works a little later on this night so he has to eat when we're gone.
Again, another meal that I think I had on my menu for last week that got pushed back. Therefore, I did not need any ingredients. I must have done a poor job estimating how much each meal would make. At least it all got eaten.

Thursday -- Homemade broccoli soup and Panini sandwiches
Thursday's are another night that needs to be simple. My husband plays on the worship team at church and they practice on Thursday evenings. Meals like frozen pizza (totino's for $1.25 each) are good options. He doesn't practice this week though, so I can be a little more elaborate.
I am so looking forward to this broccoli soup, but my husband like more substantial meals, so we're making Panini's this night too. I got a good deal on tuna fish, so I could do a tuna fish and cheese panini (I have the Cuisinart Griddler -- makes life so much easier on night's like this).

Friday -- I think we're going out to eat on Friday. It will be our Valentine's dinner since we're going out of town (for my aunt's birthday -- nothing romantic) this weekend. Unfortunately, we'll have to take the kids with us, since I can't find a sitter. Oh well, someday I'll be wishing our kids were home to take to dinner.

Saturday -- out of town

Sunday -- out of town in the morning/early afternoon
Small group at 6:30, so we don't usually have time for dinner on Sunday's. We do have a snack at small group (which is my week to provide) so we'll get to eat something. This Sunday is a little more hectic since we're just getting back from NY and it's my husband's week to lead small group.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Why don't you leave me a message?