Sunday, March 8, 2009

Save Me Saturday/Saling Sunday Combined

Wow! So, the week just totally got away from me. I can't believe it! We went to Baltimore for our anniversary this weekend, so it's been busy for us. Just a quick update: since I didn't post my usual Save Me Saturday, here's the lowdown on my spending/saving this week. Remember, my weekly budget is $140, but I'm doing my best to keep it way below that. I didn't do too bad this week


March 1 - 7, 2009
RiteAid - $0
CVS - $22.49
Giant - $73.40
Weis - $0
Walmart - $15.00
Total - $110.49

This would have been $15 lower, but I broke down and went to Walmart (purely out of convenience). My church asked me to help supply some food for a group of missionaries in town, so that's where that money went....that and I thought we might need some extra wipes while we were out of town.

Alright, now that that's out of the way, here are some deals I've found this week.

CVS
Secret Flawless Invisible Solid $3.99 with 1 ECB, plus I had a $2 coupon - final cost $.99
Crest ProHealth $2.99 with 2 ECB, plus I had $1 coupon - final cost free plus $.01 overage
Palmolive Dish Liquid $1.49 with 1 ECB - final cost .49
Vaseline Intensive Care $3.69 with 2 ECB, plus a $1.25 coupon - final cost $.44

Purchasing all of these gave me 9 ECB total (I purchased multiple quantities w/ multiple coupons for some items).

These are the deals I picked up on at CVS. I'm sure there are more, but I'm really trying to keep my costs down for the next few weeks.

Rite Aid
Garnier Fructis Shampoo, Conditioner or Styler 2/$6 with $3 rebate and 2 $1 coupons (if you bought 2 papers) - final cost 2/$1....If you have only 1 $1 coupon, final cost is 2/$2

Truthfully, I'm not seeing a whole lot for Rite Aid this week. Although, it could be because I'm looking for only truly exceptional deals since I have $50 in gift cards and I'm waiting on on almost $28 in Rebates from them. Don't want to spend any money I don't have to right now :)

Weis
To my dismay, Weis is not having and $1 bread this week :( Neither is Giant. :(
Green Giant Frozen Veggies in sauce (the boxed ones) 10/$10
Pepsi Products (2-liters) $1
Big Top Apple Juice 10/$10
Butter (1/2 lb) 10/$10
Soft Soap handsoap 10/$10 -- I realize I could do this cheaper, but it's so convenient to just grad a new one when I finish an old one. And I only do it in my kitchen, I refill everywhere else. I only buy it when it's $1 or less.

I haven't had time to look at the Giant flyer yet....if I decide to, I'll post those good deals as well. Feel free to leave comments about good deals you've found. I'd love to see what I've missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Why don't you leave me a message?