Monday, March 16, 2009

My Menu Monday

Once again, this is a crazy week for us. I was going to say that it's another abnormal week for us, but seeing that this is week number 3 of this, I'm beginning to wonder if this is the new normal? With that in mind, here's my menu for the week.

I'll have to update the costs later, since I need to buy the meat for most of these meals still.

Monday
Chicken Tetrazzini click here for the recipe for this super easy, really yummy dinner!
Salad
Dinner Rolls

Tuesday
leftover Chicken Tetrazzini

Wednesday
Italian Chicken
Korean Rice
this is a super easy meal. It's just whatever pieces of chicken you want to use (I use dark meat b/c that's what my husband prefers). Spray your pan with cooking spray, lay down the pieces of chicken. Drizzle with EVOO and melted butter, add salt, pepper and Italian Seasoning. Cut up potatoes (into quarters or eights, not cubed) and toss with EVOO and Italian Seasoning. Lay potato pieces around the chicken. Cover with foil and bake at 350 for 45 minutes, then uncover and bake another 45 minutes, or until chicken in fully cooked.

This week, I am forgoing the potatoes and will make some Korean rice instead, which will further cut my costs since we don't have to pay for our rice.


Thursday
Pizza -- I am having friends over and they are picking up a pizza.

Friday
To Be Determined
We're having dinner with friends, and I'm not sure yet what they want me to bring.

Saturday
Ham and Scalloped Potatoes

Sunday
Leftover Ham and Scalloped Potatoes

Once again, breakfasts are cereal, eggs, pancakes or waffles, all things I have on hand. Lunches are PB&J, cheese balls and yogurt for the kids and maybe even for me too! I need to vary lunch for my daughter, but my son is a creature of habit....he things that PB&J is the only lunch food. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Why don't you leave me a message?