Monday, March 9, 2009

My Menu Monday

Once again, I'm getting out of cooking on Friday. WAHOO! It's our anniversary, so we got a sitter and are going to one of our favorite restaurants -- Rose Marie's. So excited.

Monday
Bird's Eye Steam Fresh meal for Two -- the Asian one. I got it on sale and had a coupon about a month ago, so I want to see how it tastes.

Cost: Around $3.00

Tuesday
Honey Dipped Cornflake Chicken, Mashed Potatoes and Veggies
I'll just dip some chicken pieces in honey mustard dressing, then corn flake crumbs and bake them.
Cost: $.50 potatoes, $1 veggies, chicken $7.00 -- I need to make enough for 2 meals, hence the higher cost. TOTAL -- $8.50

Wednesday
Leftovers, although I'll probably make some rice for my husband.

Cost: see Tuesday.
**Note -- there is no additional cost for the rice, because we don't pay for it. My husband's parents pick it up for us and will never take any money for it. GOD BLESS THEM.

Thursday
Rice Paper Roll Ups
I'm not sure what to call these, but essentially, you take dried rice paper, put it in hot water until it is soft, then fill with lunch meat or cooked shrimp, lettuce, tomato, pineapple, thousand island dressing and rice noodles. Roll it up, and eat. Like a fajita, asian style! SO YUMMY! And healthy too. It's a Vietnamese recipe that I got from my Korean mother-in-law.

Cost: Estimated at $5.00. It's difficult to estimate how much of each ingredient we'll use.

Friday
Dinner Out

Saturday -- We're having friends over for dinner, so the cost is higher.
Pot Roast $15
Chantilly Potatoes (mashed potatoes with shredded cheddar cheese and crumbled bacon)
Green Bean Casserole (?)
Korean Egg Rolls as an appetizer

Cost: Unknown, probably around $25


I thought I'd mention that lunches are fairly simple: the kids eat PB&J (out of habit, they won't eat anything else), yogurt (maybe) and milk and I eat leftovers or nothing, depending on how busy I am.

Dinner's for the kids are usually mac & cheese or spaghettios. And they've been eating a lot of grilled cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Why don't you leave me a message?