Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Dinner Update



No, this is not a picture of tonight's chicken, I just needed a visual aid. I wish I would have taken a picture of it, though. It really looked pretty. Anyway, tonight's dinner was by far the best we've had in a while. After last night's near disaster, I needed to redeem myself! Tonight's menu was Honey Dipped Cornflake Chicken, Mashed Potatoes and glazed carrots. I just thought I'd add some comments about the meal. If you look at My Menu Monday for this week, my estimate was $8.50, but that would include 2 meals. It ended up being $9.00 total because I decided to do two packs of potatoes. My son told me he wanted some, so I made extra. I could have gone with one pack, since he ended up eating a hotdog instead. I also added some ground red pepper to my cornflake crumbs, to add some spice. It gave it a nice flavor. My husband said that this is his new favorite chicken dish!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds really good. I will have to try it sometime son. I have a ton of chicken in my freezer.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. Why don't you leave me a message?