Tuesday, April 7, 2009

My Menu Monday....on Tuesday

I didn't have cable or internet for most of yesterday.....turns out the cable company didn't even know about the outage in my area.....so I couldn't post this today.

Monday
Tuna Noodle Casserole $9.20 (with leftovers for both of our lunches for the next few days)
2 can Tuna $2.00
2C Cheddar Cheese (Shredded) $1.97
2 cans Cr. of Celery Soup $1.90 (wish I could have gotten a better buy on this)
Peas $.17 (I used a whole 12 oz bag of Bird's Eye Steamfresh that I got a super good deal on)
1 Stick butter $.50
Bread Crumbs $.40
Potato Chips (crushed) $.40
2C cooked Egg Noodles $.66

Combine the tuna, cheese, soup, peas and noodles. Put into greased casserole dish. Mix melted butter and bread crumbs and sprinkle on top. Top with crushed chips. Bake at 375 for 35 minutes.

Salad $.45
Dinner Rolls $.75

This was a really good, really easy meal. Even my 2-year old and my 1-year old ate some. This is actually the double recipe, and I would have done better just doing a single. Also, I didn't need the dinner rolls, because I was the only one who ate any. My cost could have only been $4.23. Oh well, you live and learn.

Tuesday
Honey Mustard Cornflake Chicken $4.00
2 Baked Potatoes w/ butter and sour cream $.60
Rice (for my husband) $0
Veggies $.17
Salad $.44

Honey Mustard Cornflake Chicken
Dip chicken pieces into honey mustard dressing and then into crushed corn flakes. Bake.

Wednesday
Leftovers

Thursday
Chicken Corn Chowder Click for the recipe

Friday
Leftovers

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Why don't you leave me a message?