Tuesday, April 7, 2009

I have been having a hard time posting my weekend titles - Save Me Saturday and Saling Sunday. This past weekend, my husband and son went out of town and I gave a seminar at my church (hope you ladies had as much fun as I did!) So I thought I'd post this week's Save Me Saturday on Tuesday. I'm trying to come up with a catchy title. Maybe.....it'll come to me later.

So anyway, the good deals are at Giant this week. They have 4 $1 coupon doublers in their flyer. I was able to use two of them to get 6 - 12oz Bird's Eye Steam Fresh Veggies for $.17 each, $.99 total. They were 5/$4, plus $.99 extra for the 6th one I got. I used 2/$1 coupons ($1 off 3) when were doubled, making the cost $6/$.99.

I also 2 jars of Skippy peanut butter for $1.32 or $.66 each. They are $1.66 this week, and I have a $1/2 coupon which was doubled. $3.32 - $2.00 = $1.32.

I used my last doubler on Pillsburg Frozen dinner rolls. They are $2/5 this week. I got the 2/$3 or $1.50 each. Had my kids not been screaming, I would have realized that my coupon only required the purchase of 1 bag. But I got 2 instead. Just goes to show....don't take your kids shopping with you! haha

I found a Giant coupon online for $.50 off eggs. They are on special this week for $.99, so I got them for $.49.

Chicken Breasts (boneless/skinless) are $1.79lb and thighs and drumsticks are $.99lb.

I also found 2 other good coupons from the Giant website. Look for Easter Eggs to get these coupons. $2 off any $5 meat purchase and 2 off any $5 produce purchase.

I actually had a hard time finding 4 $1 coupons that were a good enough deal to double. I almost only used 3 of them, but then I looked through my coupons at the store and found a second Bird's Eye coupon. JACKPOT!

I also did pretty good at CVS too. I spent a total of $31.69 (in 3 transactions), got and used $16 in Extra Care Bucks, and got:

3 Jumbo packs of Huggies diapers ($10 plus 3-$1.50 coupons and $10 ECB)
4 Nivea Lip Care (BOGO Free plus I had 4 $1 coupons)
J&J Baby Wash ($3 plus $1 coupon)
1 Colgate Max toothpaste ($2.99, $2 ECB and $1 coupon)
Dawn dish detergent ($.99 plus $.20 coupon)

Plus I also go a card, some buttpaste (for my kids) and infant tylenol....none of which were on sale. I saved a total of $42.64. I didn't want to spend this much, but my daughter is sick, she has terrible diaper rash from the diarrhea and we're out of tylenol for her. What can you do?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Why don't you leave me a message?